Certified Organic Sea Vegetables
Certified Organic Sea Vegetables are the best available on the market.
To be approved as Organic, seaweed must be harvested in a sustainable way and from clean shores, far from possible source of contamination. The legislations ruling Organic Seaweed Production are quite detailed about good procedure. However, a new EU Regulation will soon be ready to rule algae and seaweed specifically.
Wild harvested seaweeds do not need fertilizers to grow. They are made strong by nature, having to survive storms and attacks of all sorts. From the Ocean water seaweeds are adsorbing all available nutrients.
For this reason, sea vegetables can be considered as one of the best food supplements on the planet.
The Certification Body requires:
- That the seaweed is only sourced on clean shores
- That within a few hours it will be processed
- That the harvesters have the maximum respect for the marine environment
- That the packet of seaweed you buy is safe and healthy
- That the Labels are conforming
- That there is no possible contamination throughout the whole process
- That the processing and packaging Company is Registered with the Health Bord
Algaran also guarantees with full documentation that their seaweed:
- Is only Irish and Local
- It doesn’t contain Heavy Metals (index of contamination)
- Its processing temperatures never exceed 30 d.C.
- It has been freshly harvested (date of harvest appears on the label)
Browse our wide range of Certified Seaweed Products