ALGARAN is a private company Limited by Shares, registered in Ireland in 2004, with company number No. 388981. Our registered office is Malinmore, Glencolmcille Eircode F94N7Y0, in the Gaeltacht (Irish Speaking) Area of County Donegal,
Republic of Ireland If you have any questions about how we protect your personal data, you can contact Rosaria by phone at the number +353 (0)749730773 or by email to: rosaria@Algaran.com
PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
‘Personal information’ refers to any information which can identify an individual – either directly or indirectly. It can refer, amongst other things, to a customer ID, or to one or more specific identifying pieces of information, such as a name, email address or postal address. Any personal information which you provide to us will be securely stored, strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Acts, 1988 – 2003, and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, which supersedes all previous
Data Protection Acts.
What Personal Information do you collect about me?
When you browse our website or carry out actions such as the following:
- Create a customer account
- Update your contact details
- Place an order
- Update, amend or cancel an order
- Sign up to our mailing list or subscribe to any other services that we offer
- Enter any competition, promotion or prize draw
- Correspond with us, whether by phone, email or live chat
we may collect your personal information, including:
- Email address
- Phone or mobile number
- Delivery address
- Other information you voluntarily provide that you believe is required by us
- Customer Service correspondence records
- Technical information about how you access and use our websites, including your IP address, browser type, referring URL and operating system.
- Cookies – for more information see below.
What is done with this information?
We use your information for the following:
- To process your orders. We use the relevant personal information (including your name, address and contact number) to process and deliver your order, add payments or refunds and to notify you of the status of your order.
- To provide Customer Support. If you contact our Customer Service (or vice versa), we will use your identification information as provided by you, to identify you and other personal information such as your order information and contact history to process your request and provide you with the best service possible. We’ll use your personal information to keep a record of when and why you contact us and to keep your contact details up-to-date.
- To improve our website and services. We use your personal information to help us analyse and understand how you use our products and services, to develop more interesting and relevant products and services, to improve our website and to personalise the products and services we offer you.
- To prevent or detect fraud or abuse of our sites, which may also include any details you have provided to us in the course of your business with us.
- Marketing. We will use your information to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you. We will send direct marketing communications to you via the channel you choose, such as email or Social Media. We ask for your consent, where required by applicable law, in order to use the contact details, you have provided to us to send personalised marketing or retargeting communications. Your consent to us to notify you of products and services in this manner can be withdrawn by you at any time via the ‘Opt out’ option that will form part of each of our communications with you. Please see below for more information on third parties and cookies used to provide these services.
How long will we keep your information?
- Customer and order information will be kept securely on our system until you ask us to remove it. Note: Purchase information retention is subject to regulatory mandates we must adhere to e.g. data retention requirements for tax reporting purchases for a period of ten years.
- We never take your Credit Card information, as all payments are made through PayPal. Pay Pal receipts produced after your online purchase retained by us, are anonymised and do not contain the full details of your credit card number or account details.
- Mailing List Subscriptions will remain active unless you decide you wish to opt-out from a Mailing list.
- We may keep a record of any correspondence with you, for example, if you have made a complaint about a product, for as long as is necessary to resolve the matter you have complained about, and in the event of any potential legal claim.
- Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete it. However, please note where you have unsubscribed from our marketing communication, we will keep a record of your email to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in the future.
- When you place an order with us, we ask you to provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return of a purchase, we necessarily require this information to process your requests, and we, therefore, imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for the specific reasons as outlined only.
- If we ask for your personal information for marketing purposes, e.g. to offer you special discounts, we will request your permission explicitly by means of an electronic opt-in or your signature, if you have not already granted us your permission.
How do I withdraw my consent?
- At any stage, after you have opted-in, you may withdraw your consent to marketing communications. Marketing of our products and services to you will be terminated, and any data specifically used for marketing purposes alone will be deleted.
- Financial transaction data will be retained and securely maintained by us to comply with our legislative and statutory obligations.
- You may opt-out at any time, by clicking the unsubscribe link on our newsletter emails, contacting us at info@Algaran.com or writing to us at ALGARAN, Malinmore, Glencolmcille, Co. Donegal Eircode F94N7Y0
Depending on your marketing preferences, we may use your personal data to send you marketing messages by email. Some of these messages may be tailored to you, based on your previous browsing or purchase activity, and other information we hold about you.
If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us, you can change your preferences at any time by contacting us, or by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email, or by updating your settings in your customer account. If you unsubscribe from marketing, please note we may still contact you with service messages from time to time (e.g. order and delivery confirmations) You may also see advertisements for ALGARAN Site on on social media. These
advertisements may be tailored to you using cookies (which track your web activity, to enable us to serve advertisements to customers who have visited our Site). Where you see an advertisement on social media, this may be because we have engaged the social network to show advertisements to our customers, or users who match the demographic profile of our customers. In some cases, this may involve sharing your email address with the social network. If you no longer want to see tailored advertisements, you can change your cookie and privacy settings on your browser.
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if required to fulfil our contractual or obligations under our agreement with you. Some examples would be when we provide your delivery address to the courier to have your purchases delivered.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. e.g. Couriers to deliver your purchases. Further, all such Third-Party Processors are contractually bound by us to keep the information confidential and to ensure that any such data they necessarily obtain from us to deliver goods and services to you, is secured and maintained to the
When you click on links on our website, such as articles or documents from third parties, they may direct you away from our site. While we take every care to ensure the integrity of such external links, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites you may visit in this manner and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practice to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. Our website platform follows all PCI-DSS Level 1 requirements and implements additional generally accepted industry standards.
You may delete Cookies; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Web Site more quickly or enjoy a custom user experience. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your web browser. By default, your browser will accept Cookies, however, this can be altered. For further details please consult the help menu in your browser. Disabling Cookies may prevent you from using the full range of Services available on the Web Site.
More information on the cookies ALGARAN use is available upon request.