Organic Irish Dulse Flakes
Organic Irish Dulse Flakes Info:
Latin name: Palmaria Palmata (flakes).
Irish Name: Dillisk
Packaging: 100g Kraft Paper bag
The harvesting season is Late Summer to Spring.
Organic Irish Dulse Flakes nutritional value:
- Rich in minerals, vitamins, and also other valuable compounds like Xylan, which are of great help for the digestive system.
- The Irish Dulse-Dillisk flakes form makes it a versatile food ingredient that has a slightly marine taste.
- If you like it, you can add the Organic Irish Dulse – Dillisk straight on salads obut also on pizza as a topping.
How much Organic Irish Dulse Flakes should you eat to get all the benefits?
- 1 to 2 grams per person per day can give all the beneficial effects to the body.
- Such a small dosage can be almost impossible to detect by people who are difficult to please with food.
How do we Harvest and Process our seaweed?
- We are aware that over-harvesting can be unsustainable for the marine environment.
- For this reason, we are never processing bulk quantities, so our seaweed drying system can be more efficient and we can keep the amount per tray light and well distributed.
Why we do not sell Bulk quantities?
- We tend to stock a limited amount of Organic Irish Dulse to provide the best possible quality all the time. We also pack our seaweed products at the orders, to guarantee freshness and nutritional value.
Why should you buy only freshly processed seaweed?
- The Seaweed active principles (like Fucoidan) are important for our health, and the drying process is not enough to preserve them for more than 24 months. For this reason, we use only freshly harvested and local seaweed that we dehydrate gently within a few hours from harvest.
Do we regularly test the seaweed to prove the quality?
It is our priority to check the following content:
- Heavy metals at the beginning of every season
- We check that the salt content is never exceeding the allowed limits
- We test the Iodine content on a regular basis